Re: Pen Test mistake

From: Jonathan Rickman (
Date: 08/21/03

    To: Jeff Johnson <>,
    Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:24:39 -0400

    On Thursday 21 August 2003 00:47, Jeff Johnson wrote:

    > How do you handle this situation?

    Honestly, I am so paranoid about this that I have always used firewall rules
    (either on the pen-test machine, or a separate device) to ensure that I
    stay "on target."

    > Anyone else have any better advice?

    Consult an attorney before initiating contact with the accidental victim.

    Jonathan Rickman
    X Corps Security
    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training), October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world<92>s premier
    technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
    Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
    Symanetc is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6 Visit: