RE: Port Scanners / Sniffers Review

From: Devilscrow Sr (devilscrow_at_sify.com)
Date: 04/28/03

    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:16:46 +0600 (IST)

    <!--
    I would be interested in knowing how penetration testers rate various
    port scanners and packet sniffers?

    What would be the top five tools you would recommend?
    -->

    Hi Sam,

    Scanners
    1. hping2
    2. nmap/xprobe2

    Sniffers
    1. tcpdump
    2. dsniff
    3. ettercap

    /dev | ls cr0w/

    --
    --- ACK and you shall receive ---
    Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.

    • Re: Port Scanners / Sniffers Review
      ... > I would be interested in knowing how penetration testers rate various ... > port scanners and packet sniffers? ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Port Scanners / Sniffers Review
      ... > I would be interested in knowing how penetration testers rate various ... > port scanners and packet sniffers? ... Philippe Biondi Cartel SÚcuritÚ ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Port Scanners / Sniffers Review
      ... Below are my port scanners/packer sniffers of choice. ... Dsniff comes with a suite of tools (i.e. mailsnarf, msgsnarf, webspy, macof, ... Port Scanners / Sniffers Review ... > port scanners and packet sniffers? ...
      (Pen-Test)