Re: Vulnerability scanners

From: Alfred Huger (ah@securityfocus.com)
Date: 03/31/03

    Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:51:30 -0700 (MST)
    From: Alfred Huger <ah@securityfocus.com>
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    This thread is dead - unless you have something new and constructive.

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.

    top spam and e-mail risk at the gateway.
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam & viruses
    and gives you the reports to prove it. See exactly how much
    junk never even makes it in the door. Free 30-day trial:
    http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfptl1

    • Re: Logon.dll? Possible root-kit?
      ... I will be packaging all the suspect files I find into a rar and putting them ... > SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam, ... > viruses and malicious code. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Gangs and Spam
      ... IBM Says Gangs Now Behind Most Spam ... could create the most diabolical computer viruses. ... In its Global Business Security Index, ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • DynIP mail blocking considered harmful (was: Re: My email is rejected by some sites)
      ... mail from any arbitrary source is more likely to be spam ... or viruses, than not. ... This isn't a listing based on behavior of the ... a secondary indicator is being used to ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: strange errors--hijackthis log
      ... When I realized I had viruses I ran AVG and supposedly these were healed. ... No SPAM! ... To add addresses to the filter, you'll have to edit it, click "contains people", click "Address Book" again, and add any new addresses. ... That can be an occasional nuisance, but otherwise you'll be creating many mail rules for SPAM. ...
    • Re: Google Groups spam got you down? Check out ggSpamFree (ggNoSpam fork)
      ... Google, through groups, attempt to provide free access to Usenet. ... is to shut down the spammers account. ... It is the receiving of spam ... their handling of spam reports. ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)