Re: Training Lab Question

From: Forrest Rae (forrest.rae@code-lab.com)
Date: 06/03/02

From: Forrest Rae <forrest.rae@code-lab.com>
To: pen-test@securityfocus.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:39:11 -0500

I would suggest System Imager from VA Systems. It's fast, easy to
setup, and re-imaging can be automated.

http://www.systemimager.com/

-Forrest

On Monday 03 June 2002 09:19, Coral J. Cook wrote:
> Much Thanks to all who have replied, both on & off list. Giving the
> students root access & imaging their workstation drives is by far the
> most popular answer, and is the way we will proceed. Now for one more
> question, any suggestions for a good open source disk imaging
> package? I've identified several possible choices, but have not had
> time to evaluate them yet:
>
> CloneIt - http://www.ferzkopp.net/Software/CloneIt/index.html
>
> G4U - http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/
>
> Partition Image - http://www.partimage.org/
>
> WebClone - http://sourceforge.net/projects/webclone/
>
> Again, any comments/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
> Please answer off list, unless others express interest in this
> matter.
>
> Coral

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: faster scans? (nmap)
    ... one host using nmap for syn scans in burst mode with the ... >>>This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: pen test help please asap
    ... > Machine A on client site makes a configurable encrypted OUTBOUND ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: ettercap help
    ... Anyways have never tried Ettercap for VNC. ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: CFM SQL injection
    ... You should better use union or alike get unauthorized data from the ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: ettercap help
    ... > I can get it to sniff telnet, ftp, pop, smb, but no vnc. ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ...
    (Pen-Test)