RE: Using IPaqs or other handhelds as penetration devices

From: Moser Max (MMoser@3gmobile.ch)
Date: 05/17/02

Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:06:59 +0200
From: "Moser Max" <MMoser@3gmobile.ch>
To: <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

Hi there,

Well about using ipaq's as pentest device...I have familiar/initmate
linux on my ipaq installed. This device is used for pentesting wireless
networks using Wellenreiter (http://www.remote-exploit.org). In addition
when found the network, i run wepcrack/airsnort etc. When i got the
access, i use nmap/nessus custom unix tools to do the network mapping
and analysis. So i guess ipaq is a good small device for that, but
remember for running a "good" linux u need a pcmcia/microdrive harddrive
like the ibm microdrive. See http://www.handhelds.org for compatibility
list etc. But maybe webpads
Are better for this job, but they are expensive.
You will find on our site soon the detailed howto about wellenreiter on
ipaq etc. (We have to cleanup the english first :-) I someone needs it
in prior you can get it from here (http://www.pin9.de/ipaq-how_en.txt).

Hope this helps, otherwise feel free to join #wellenreiter on irc or
visit my homepage
At http://www.remote-exploit.org the home of the Wellenreiter (Wireless
audit tool).

Btw..for all you bsd users..we will soon release the new version with
scanning support now also enabled in bsd.

Greetings

Max Moser

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Handheld Wireless Device and Card
    ... port of the ipaq. ... Home of the Wellenreiter ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Wireless Sniffer
    ... Wellenreiter is a gtkperl program that makes the discovery and the audit ... It searches for any accesspoint in the range of the scanning device. ... or non-broadcasting wireless networks in every channel,doing frequency ... > to examine the wireless segment of my network? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Wireless scanner Wellenreiter 0.9
    ... Wellenreiter is a gtkperl program that makes the discovery and the audit ... It searches for any accesspoint in the range of the scanning device. ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ...
    (Pen-Test)