Re: Problem with fport

From: Matthew Leeds (mleeds@theleeds.net)
Date: 04/12/02

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:56:35 -0700
From: "Matthew Leeds" <mleeds@theleeds.net>
To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

Active Ports http://www.protect-me.com/freeware.html

---Matthew

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 4/11/2002 at 1:26 PM Zia Rehman wrote:

Hi there

I recently conducted a test on an NT network to determine what applications were bound to ports using Fport. Unfortunatley Fport only identified 20% of the services known to be running.

I was wondering if there is any reason for this and if anyone can recommend a better NT tool to accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance

Zig

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/