IDS evasion && testing

From: ph00dy (ph00dy@covesoft.net)
Date: 04/05/02

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:22:44 -0500 (EST)
From: ph00dy <ph00dy@covesoft.net>
To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

Hey *,
  I am looking for good information on defeating/testing NIDS. I have
tryed some "alert overflowing", and sending some attacks/scans very slowly
to see what the results are, but I imagine there is someone who has done
more of this sort of testing that knows something I don't. Any experience,
Ideas, papers etc.. would be helpful.

Thanks..
  ph00dy

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/