IDS evasion && testing

From: ph00dy (ph00dy@covesoft.net)
Date: 04/05/02

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:22:44 -0500 (EST)
From: ph00dy <ph00dy@covesoft.net>
To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

Hey *,
  I am looking for good information on defeating/testing NIDS. I have
tryed some "alert overflowing", and sending some attacks/scans very slowly
to see what the results are, but I imagine there is someone who has done
more of this sort of testing that knows something I don't. Any experience,
Ideas, papers etc.. would be helpful.

Thanks..
  ph00dy

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Scanners and unpublished vulnerabilities - Full Disclosure
    ... I read it as "Buy our scanner and you'll have access to vulnerabilities ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: IDS evasion && testing
    ... I use IDS Informer for testing NIDS & HIDS, there is some useful stuff on ... > tryed some "alert overflowing", ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: IDS evasion && testing
    ... > tryed some "alert overflowing", ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ... automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see: ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Information about /scripts/toos/mkilog.exe
    ... I am making a penetration testing, and some vulnerability scanners alert ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert ... For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which ...
    (Pen-Test)