Re: Novell volume changing?

From: gert@wehack4you.com
Date: 01/26/02

Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:32:54 +0100
From: gert@wehack4you.com
To: Chili@SexMagnet.com

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:43:54 +0100
"Charlie Liserne" <Chili@SexMagnet.com> wrote:
Charlie> We are pen-testing a Novel 5.x webserver with the source page disclosure
Charlie> problem (http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/246358).
Charlie>
Charlie> We have been trying to get other volume indexing than SYS: We know that
Charlie> there are more Volumes, and we know some of the file names of it, but we
Charlie> aren't able to get to jump from SYS: to ANOTHER:

Dear Charly.........

It is only possible to change to the volumes at which you have
NetWare Volume-access-right...;-))

Also the only access you have at the SYS-volume is the
directory-access-right the user "public" has at the SYS-volume ("public" is
any user attached but not authenticated eg. any webuser)

So normally you should only see the SYS:LOGIN-directory and the
SYS:PUBLIC.......

Have fun, Gert

Gert Fokkema

gert@wehack4you.com

http://www.wehack4you.com

WeHack4You Internet Security, Consultancy & Training
+31(0)848512371 VOICE/FAX

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/