Re: Novell volume changing?

From: gert@wehack4you.com
Date: 01/26/02

Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:32:54 +0100
From: gert@wehack4you.com
To: Chili@SexMagnet.com

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:43:54 +0100
"Charlie Liserne" <Chili@SexMagnet.com> wrote:
Charlie> We are pen-testing a Novel 5.x webserver with the source page disclosure
Charlie> problem (http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/246358).
Charlie>
Charlie> We have been trying to get other volume indexing than SYS: We know that
Charlie> there are more Volumes, and we know some of the file names of it, but we
Charlie> aren't able to get to jump from SYS: to ANOTHER:

Dear Charly.........

It is only possible to change to the volumes at which you have
NetWare Volume-access-right...;-))

Also the only access you have at the SYS-volume is the
directory-access-right the user "public" has at the SYS-volume ("public" is
any user attached but not authenticated eg. any webuser)

So normally you should only see the SYS:LOGIN-directory and the
SYS:PUBLIC.......

Have fun, Gert

Gert Fokkema

gert@wehack4you.com

http://www.wehack4you.com

WeHack4You Internet Security, Consultancy & Training
+31(0)848512371 VOICE/FAX

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Out of Process execution and .NET
    ... "charlie" expressed in the message known ... I will impersonate a Domain ... security weakness of the highest sort. ... than a blanket Domain Admin account), ...
  • MANHATTAN / The Hive / S01E03 / Aug 10, 2014
    ... Charlie grapples with unsettling feelings ... the aftermath of the "security breach" that lead to Sid's death. ... MP Dunlavey gets promoted as a reward for killing Sid. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: cannot view Html File
    ... Charlie, thanks for responding. ... I know so little about security. ... I disabled Norton toolbar, Norton Confidential, ... I put everything back to default (because the dire warnings are ...
  • Re: mail from Charlie
    ... the combination of your domain name and the subject you chose ... really made this message look like spam. ... mail from Charlie:-/ ... This should be included in the security run email. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: whats the best virus protection
    ... > Charlie wrote: ... > good security requires informed and intelligent decision making and that's ... > "they threw a rope around yer neck to watch you dance the jig of death ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)