Re: Using Airsnort through vmware on Red Hat 7.1

From: Joshua Krage (jkrage@buser.net)
Date: 09/12/01

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:11:37 -0400
From: Joshua Krage <jkrage@buser.net>
To: pen-test@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Using Airsnort through vmware on Red Hat 7.1

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:13:45PM -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> the lucent cards that say "wavelan" seem to work for me. the lucent
> cards that say "orinoco" don't.

What are the relative firmware levels of the wavelan vs orinoco cards?

I've seen several comments on other lists, either ethereal or snort-users
regarding the Lucent cards. Allegedly, v6 of the firmware disables the
promiscuous modes on the card. You must use recent firmware to use the
latest drivers. :/

I think the Orinoco cards were among the first distributed with the
newer firmware.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/