Re: ***SPAM*** Re: Massive SPAM Increase {-2.6} {-2.6}

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:52:12 CDT, you said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "split inbound and outbound", but any
outbound MX host *should* be listed in DNS.

Tell you what. Explain what an *OUTBOUND* MX is, and I'll see what I can do.

The machine in question is *NOT* listed as an MX, because it is *NOT* a
machine that should be accepting *inbound* mail for the domain. Its purpose
in life is to send mail to off-campus sites.

But then, can't pass that check either - I'm checking back
through the various mail you've sent, and I found this header:

However, the DNS says: 46676 IN MX 10 46676 IN MX 20 76415 IN A 46676 IN A

At least SPF, for all it's busticatedness, understood that at many sites,
the MX is *not* the outbound box (and in fact, the asymmetric configuration
is why you need an SPF record rather than testing the MX values...)