Re: RES: Massive SPAM Increase

Paul Dean wrote:
Anyone bother to think about using the wonderful rbl lists provided by lots of fast healthy servers around the world.

Once I started using these lists, my spam dropped from like 1000 a day to 20 a day, just configuring Postfix and 5 rbl's.

We block on spamcop and spamhouse sbl lists, and temporarily deny from spamhouse xbl and abusecat lists. That's bl.spamcop.net, xbl.spamhaus.org, sbl.spamhaus.org, cbl.abuseat.org.

--
Michael T. Babcock
Triple PC Ltd.

Attend the Black Hat Briefings & Training USA, July 29-August 3 in Las Vegas. World renowned security experts reveal tomorrow's threats today. Free of vendor pitches, the Briefings are designed to be pragmatic regardless of your security environment. Featuring 36 hands-on training courses and 10 conference tracks, networking opportunities with over 2,500 delegates from 40+ nations.

http://www.blackhat.com

  • RE: Strange mail with number in subject line and body
    ... The only reasons I can think of for these e-mails are either new malware ... lists a three character number in the subject line and a different ... World renowned security experts reveal tomorrow.s threats today. ... Featuring 36 hands-on training courses and 10 conference ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: RES: Massive SPAM Increase
    ... Once I started using these lists, my spam dropped from like 1000 a day to 20 a day, just configuring Postfix and 5 rbl's. ... Attend the Black Hat Briefings & Training USA, July 29-August 3 in Las Vegas. ... World renowned security experts reveal tomorrow's threats today. ... Featuring 36 hands-on training courses and 10 conference tracks, networking opportunities with over 2,500 delegates from 40+ nations. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Strange mail with number in subject line and body
    ... It appears to be retrieving lists of email addresses and spamming them, and if the spam attempt does not result in an SMTP error, it will save the address to a "known-good" list and eventually upload that to a remote location. ... Attend the Black Hat Briefings & Training USA, ... World renowned security experts reveal tomorrow.s threats today. ... Featuring 36 hands-on training courses and 10 conference tracks, networking opportunities with over 2,500 delegates from 40+ nations. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Strange mail with number in subject line and body
    ... three digit character number in the body, ... and look it up at openrbl.org to see which, if any, block lists the IP ... World renowned security experts reveal tomorrow.s threats today. ... Featuring 36 hands-on training courses and 10 conference tracks, networking opportunities with over 2,500 delegates from 40+ nations. ...
    (Incidents)
  • RE: Re: Strange mail with number in subject line and body