From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of sto.cesso.di@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:06 AM
To: incidents@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: softnyx install rootkits

latest update regarding Rakion game (mad by Softnyx)

included a malicious .dll

entitiesMP.dll

Thanks to virustotal.com i found this:

-

AntiVir 7.1.1.14 09.07.2006 TR/RKit.Delf.B.6

AVG 386 09.07.2006 BackDoor.Generic3.KYW

Fortinet 2.77.0.0 09.07.2006 W32/Delf.B!tr.rkit

F-Prot4 4.2.1.29 09.07.2006 W32/Backdoor.gen

Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 09.07.2006 Rootkit.Win32.Delf.b

Panda 9.0.0.4 09.07.2006 Suspicious file

-

this dll hides two process from the tasklist:

rakion.bin

gameguard.des

and whoknows what else it does...

is this a good way to avoid trainers or game hacks?

Softnyx company keeps answer their customers it is a BUG of our antivirus
program and suggest us to unistall the AV!

We need someone authoritative force them to use this unethical tools!

Please join us

I think...first..is ethical to hide processes running on a computer to his
owner ?

If softnyx can...than everyone else can!

and in second time.. is it ethical to deploy this kind of update without
warning the users?...or better...suggesting users to remove their own
antivirus softwares??

wait for your opinions

Attend the Black Hat Briefings & Training USA, July 29-August 3 in Las
Vegas.
World renowned security experts reveal tomorrow's threats today. Free of
vendor pitches, the Briefings are designed to be pragmatic regardless of
your
security environment. Featuring 36 hands-on training courses and 10
conference
tracks, networking opportunities with over 2,500 delegates from 40+
nations.

http://www.blackhat.com

Attend the Black Hat Briefings & Training USA, July 29-August 3 in Las Vegas.
World renowned security experts reveal tomorrow's threats today. Free of
vendor pitches, the Briefings are designed to be pragmatic regardless of your
security environment. Featuring 36 hands-on training courses and 10 conference
tracks, networking opportunities with over 2,500 delegates from 40+ nations.

http://www.blackhat.com

  • Re: [AntiVirus + Ubuntu] was - Re: And another Ubuntu convert!
    ... But not including antivirus ... sophisticated rootkits easily foil such attempts. ... fool you into thinking you've got a 100% clean machine. ... It's never as easy as simply having the latest anti-this or anti-that. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Final Fantasy XI ffxi
    ... | I dont use VOIP or a land line. ... | my firewall and gone so far as to unistall my antivirus but it didnt work. ... | reinstalled the game and that made no change. ... POL tech support gave up on me so maybe ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: C & C Generals not installing
    ... i also tried that (shutting the whole antivirus down not just the auto ... Install your original C&C game ... Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: ... | i've tried that but when i start the installation i get the message "install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Game still minimizes after launch.
    ... after launching, at least most of the time. ... I tried disabling the antivirus, ... disabling Spybot and AdAware, closed IMs, and shut off everything else I ... Seem like only this game. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Strommessstift
    ... Rootkits werden von so gut wie keiner Antivirus ... Software gefunden. ... drueberlaufen lassen (die normale Antivirusversion reicht nicht).# ...
    (de.sci.electronics)