Re: Bot net? SPAM Bounces... - Follow-up

How interesting. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but immediately after posting this, the deluge, if you?d call it that, stopped.

I?ve gotten a few late bounces from full mailboxes and down mail servers etc, but the active sending has stopped.

Either the bot-net got hosed, or someone was reading here and stopped it.

FYI: The spam, or whatever it was, was all Russian, going to virtually all .ru domains. Since I couldn?t read it, I was hard pressed to find out where to start to combat it.

Anyway. Thanks all for the tips, and I?m just glad to be through it. (Next time I?ll post a lot quicker. If I?m lucky, the hooligans are going to take note and get me off the hamster wheel!)

Cheers,
Greg

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Freds Butt Monkey
    ... but by coincidence you will see a demonstration of what ... I mean about style in 'The Need for an Anglo Saxon Mass Migration ' ... full name but in a manner of posting that I don't use. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: Freds Butt Monkey
    ... but by coincidence you will see a demonstration of what ... I mean about style in 'The Need for an Anglo Saxon Mass Migration ' ... full name but in a manner of posting that I don't use. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: Maths theory bags lotto jackpot (OT)
    ... 'NoneUR' is posting from the same news server and ip address Sherry Davis ... The odds of that being a coincidence must be astronomical. ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)
  • Re: Freds Butt Monkey
    ... but by coincidence you will see a demonstration of what ... I mean about style in 'The Need for an Anglo Saxon Mass Migration ' ... full name but in a manner of posting that I don't use. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: OT: BP - The tip of the iceberg
    ... Thank you for posting this article to our NG. ... generating our energy needs with cleaner technology. ... Joe G ...
    (rec.woodworking)