Re: Bot net? SPAM Bounces... - Follow-up
- From: gregs@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 5 Mar 2006 06:11:50 -0000
How interesting. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but immediately after posting this, the deluge, if you?d call it that, stopped.
I?ve gotten a few late bounces from full mailboxes and down mail servers etc, but the active sending has stopped.
Either the bot-net got hosed, or someone was reading here and stopped it.
FYI: The spam, or whatever it was, was all Russian, going to virtually all .ru domains. Since I couldn?t read it, I was hard pressed to find out where to start to combat it.
Anyway. Thanks all for the tips, and I?m just glad to be through it. (Next time I?ll post a lot quicker. If I?m lucky, the hooligans are going to take note and get me off the hamster wheel!)
- Prev by Date: Re: Scans for telnetd on DNS servers.
- Next by Date: Re: Internet SSH scans
- Previous by thread: Scans for telnetd on DNS servers.
- Next by thread: Re: Re: Bot net? SPAM Bounces... - Follow-up