Re: Strange Traffic to ports 139 and 137 from a machine with no data

On 3/2/06, LE Backup <lucretias@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry for the oversimplification, but are you saying this is normal?

To clarify.. I do not know if it is normal or not. I do know that it
occured on a very small percentage (less than 0.5%) of "clean"
machines. I am primarily Linux based so I had to go off of the Windows
guys looking at it.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access Control to Drives
    ... > Just to clarify in Windows 2000 if you dig further you should see that ... > For a non domain computer you could safely remove the sid from permissions ... > rights lists. ... MVP for Windows Server - Software Distribution ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Need to replace damaged IUCTL.dll file
    ... > I apologize for not clarifying that I have Windows XP on my computer. ... > By re-register, please clarify. ... because regsvr was/is the version of the command used ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: DoubleClick problems in Open/Save Dialogs
    ... I should clarify. ... I can double-click using two presses of the left mouse ... Double-click does not function when I use the Large Thumb Button on ... >> programs and windows explorer's dialogues. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Compatibility
    ... Nonetheless i will not pretend that it is not important for windows ... I guess only OP can clarify what he meant by "how compatible Lisp is ... For me as a developer compatibility with windows means compatibility ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Backing up the entire Registry
    ... > using the copy of Windows that's the object of the backup. ... suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you ... questions may have been asked to clarify ...