Re: RE: Bizarre traffic

you can use
netstat -naptu | grep -i established
this should show you all the connection going out and you will also
see which process is causing them

On 23 Feb 2006 13:44:16 -0000, selfinnoculation@xxxxxxxxx
<selfinnoculation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not too sure if I can agree with you at this moment, David. It is indeed weird that traffic is only heading towards the HTTPS port.

Have you considered running a netmon service on that source machine to see which application is actually sending out requests for HTTPS? You might be able to nail the culprit there.

Good luck.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: tomcat port annoyance: TIME_WAIT
    ... TIME_WAIT should not cause a delay in connecting to the listening port. ... A TCP connection in that state is waiting an engineered time period to ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Problems accessing site
    ... so I went to that website you provided to check and see what's causing ... The website is encountering problems. ... Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ebay.com. ... In Internet Options, Content tab, if Content Advisor is turned on, click ...
  • Re: Sendmail says No, But netstat says Yes
    ... connection from ever taking place and thus never be reported by netstat. ... When I blocked the machines in question, ... Why didn't tcp wrapping work? ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • How to troubleshoot this?
    ... The address appears to belong to GoDaddy. ... The only strange thing I see in netstat is a number of processes ... (I happen to pick ssh as I have only one connection, character-based, ... not a question on ssh operation, just an example of the weird ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: What is going on with my Dialup?
    ... watching the lights on an external modem and they are revealing some ... OTHER THAN THAT, your connection ... Let's start by not using a browser. ... Figure out where the command line is, and run 'netstat -anptu' and see ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)