Re: Malware Site

From: Paul Laudanski (zx_at_castlecops.com)
Date: 11/24/05

    Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:57:52 -0500 (EST)
    To: namtoor@gmail.com

    On 23 Nov 2005 namtoor@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi, this site <don't click!> http://sutterhelath.org/index.php </don't click!> is
    > spreading malware. They're tricking people into
    > visiting the site via an embedded link in email
    > messages. How should this be reported and/or what
    > should be done to get this site taken offline?

    All good replies. Some links that have been omitted:

    http://www.antiphishing.org/report_phishing.html

    Submit the email to this group.

    I'd also suggest looking into some browser based antiphishing tools:

    http://toolbar.netcraft.com/
    http://www.earthlink.net/earthlinktoolbar
    http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustsitehound.html

    I know of some more applications that are about to launch which I'm sure
    you'll read shortly.

    More details on avoiding phishing scams:

    http://www.antiphishing.org/consumer_recs.html
    http://wiki.castlecops.com/The_Phishing_Scam

    Disclaimer:
    http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustsitehound_community_groups.html

    --
    Paul Laudanski, Microsoft MVP Windows-Security
    [de] http://de.castlecops.com