RE: Odd identd behavior

From: Alex (aferreira_at_gaiajoy.com)
Date: 11/17/05

    To: <incidents@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:42:52 -0000

    Back here in Portugal it is also illegal.
    The Portuguese computer crimes law, considers hacking attemps, either
    successful or not, a crime.
    Portscanning on someone else is considered a hacking attempt, therefore,
    portscanning is a crime.

    I know at least a case where a corporate client was even notified by his
    ISP, that portscanning probes were executed against his servers. It turned
    out that another party on another ISP, was simply auditing the servers at
    the client's request.

    Alex