Re: RE: Odd Increase in Malformed Packets Aimed at Port 0

crusher_at_spamcop.net
Date: 10/19/05

    Date: 19 Oct 2005 18:08:11 -0000
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) No, nothing like that is running here. The first IP, is the source and the one I have X'd out is a public IP on our network (web server, firewall, router, etc.).

    You'll notice that the source is query'ing via the illegal UDP port 0.

    I'm going to try to get some form of tcpdump output and will present here, when I am able.

    Thanks,

    - Steve -