Re: cuebot-d infection method

From: terry white (twhite_at_aniota.com)
Date: 08/24/05

    Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
    To: jeff@jeffbryner.com

    on "8-24-2005" "Jeff Bryner" writ:

    : The writeup at http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32cuebotd.html
    : fits the scenario, but it doesn't say exactly what the initial
    : infection vector is.

       "W32/Cuebot-D attempts to spread using a variety of techniques
        including the exploitation of the PnP vulnerability (MS05-039)."

        ... from my reading of it, there multiple attack vectors involved ...

    --
    ... i'm a man, but i can change,
        if i have to , i guess ...

    • Re: Message size limits from the Internet
      ... There is certainly no "one size fits all" scenario. ... It looks like you've done your research and if 10MB fits the business requirements, ... That message size limit has been maintained for many years due to company culture. ... However the question has come up what other companies do when it comes to the size of messages they accept from the Internet. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: He is Dead (SPOILER)
      ... scenario is unworkable, or else submit a scenario which better fits ... fit the facts as well as yours, ... The PleiadAtlas Home Page at http://astro.isi.edu/pleiadatlas/ ...
      (alt.fan.harry-potter)
    • Re: Scoring and judgment request was Re: RPG Pig Dega (+2) (+14)
      ... I really still like playing with the either-or scenario, ... figure out a way to do it that fits the rules....I'm assuming it's okay if I ... Typically each pick is stand alone and not dependent or ...
      (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated)
    • Re: Different riding disciplines...
      ... No known definition of collection known to me fits within the scenario ... can't communicate if we are using the same words for different things. ... --Karen Smith ...
      (rec.equestrian)
    • Re: Renegade Cavers - Insurance
      ... > Agreed with your first point Andrew, but not this one, we can go on ... > creating scenario after scenario till we find one that fits the bill. ... Can you please quote come context so others can understand to what you're ...
      (uk.rec.subterranea)