Re: Proper ISP Reporting

From: chip (chip.gwyn_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/17/05

    Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:34:05 -0400
    To: Jason Burton <jab@leximedia.net>

    On 8/16/05, Jason Burton <jab@leximedia.net> wrote:
    > Anyone have samples of how to properly report to ISP's regarding abuse?
    >
    > ie. What format the email should be in, sample phrases, or sentences that
    > might help. I've been doing this for a while and while some work, some have
    > not. Im wondering if anyone has examples.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jason Burton
    > Leximedia LLC
    > jab@leximedia.net

    Take a look at:

     http://www.shaftek.org/publications/drafts/abuse-report/
     http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/inch-charter.html

    --chip

    --
    Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....

    • Proper ISP Reporting
      ... Anyone have samples of how to properly report to ISP's regarding abuse? ... What format the email should be in, sample phrases, or sentences that ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Proper ISP Reporting
      ... > Anyone have samples of how to properly report to ISP's regarding abuse? ... What format the email should be in, sample phrases, or sentences that ... There are abuse desks that take things seriously - and then there's ISP's ... support being able to actually do anything more than deleting a problem report. ...
      (Incidents)