Re: Strange Traffic UDP port 8193

From: RA Henrik Becker (RA.Becker_at_henrikbecker.de)
Date: 07/14/05

    Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:47:40 +0200
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    Hi there!

    > I was playing with Ethereal and found some broadcast traffic destinated
    > to the same port: 8193 (UDP) . The source port was changing from 1027 to
    > 1051 on each machine being different. Clients are running Windows 2000 and
    > XP. This just happens on a couple machines.

    Well, the port is not assigned. Had something similar with a Kyocera Printer
    once at a client's site. Took some time to figure that on out ... ;-)

    Did you check for any printers you don't know about yet?

    Can you post parts of the header of one of the packets?

    Viele Grüße / Best regards,

    Henrik Becker

    --
    Rechtsanwalt Henrik Becker (Lawyer)