Strange Traffic UDP port 8193

From: Munoz, Hector (hector.munoz_at_kerrymexico.com.mx)
Date: 07/13/05

    To: incidents@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:57:49 -0500

     Hi

       I was playing with Ethereal and found some broadcast traffic destinated
    to the same port: 8193 (UDP) . The source port was changing from 1027 to
    1051 on each machine being different. Clients are running Windows 2000 and
    XP. This just happens on a couple machines.

       I googled for some info about this port but found nothing.

       Do you have any idea of what this port is for?

    Thanks,

    -Hector

    • Re: adding machine to domain with NATed IPs
      ... sounds that the DCs are not reaching the clients ... weight 100, port 389, target srv5.mydomain.local ...
    • Re: adding machine to domain with NATed IPs
      ... sounds that the DCs are not reaching the clients ... Type: SRV (Service location) ... weight 100, port 389, target srv5.mydomain.local ...
    • Re: DDoS to microsoft sites
      ... The primary difference between the two clients is that the first port scan I ... > - netbios (brute force attack on Administrator account) ... I'm guessing that the SQL server is the infection vector in both these ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Help need desperately!
      ... Changing from port 80 is not required. ... Inventory information began flowing properly. ... All of the clients seemed to install with the new ... >> found our problem to be in our TCP port configuration on the Server. ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.inventory)
    • Sockets: Multiple Clients, One port
      ... Subject: Multiple Clients, One port ... I'm been working with sockets for a short while now using a server ... Sockets: messy and unnecessary. ...