Re: Constant spam from Verizon.net

From: Michael T Pins (mtpins_at_nndev.org)
Date: 07/08/05

    Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:29:05 -0600 (MDT)
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    Patrick Kremer writes:

    >I am at a loss for what to do.

    >I'm taking spam messages at the rate of 6,000 per day from a specific e-mail
    >address linked to several Verizon DSL IP addresses.

    >I have sent numerous logfiles to both security@ and abuse@verizon.net and
    >have received no response.

    >I have spoken with their tech support numerous times and both they and their
    >supervisors say they can not help, they claim the e-mail addresses are the
    >only recourse.

    Define "a specific e-mail address linked to several Verizon DSL IP
    addresses."

    If all the email is originating from just a few DSL IP addresses, just add
    those IPs to your access list (assuming you're running sendmail). If not,
    you'll need to be rather more specific as to what's going on.

    Yes, this is a bandage on the symptom rather than a solution to the real
    problem, but until you can convince someone at Verizon to cut those IPs
    off, it will at least stop the spam.

    --
    Michael T Pins              |	"Major combat operations have ended."
    mtpins@nndev.org            |		- George W. Bush, 5/1/03

    • Re: Constant spam from Verizon.net
      ... The IPs are always Verizon DSL IPs 71.107.XXX.XXX ... The bigger issue is that Verizon ... >>address linked to several Verizon DSL IP addresses. ... >>have received no response. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Firefox/OE NNTP
      ... using Verizon DSL. ... the other grandfather of my grandchildren (SIL's dad) down the road does ... I get the same response from Verizon every time I ask: ...
      (rec.woodworking)