AW: Weird ARP Replies, maybe exploit?

From: Marksteiner, Stefan (stefan.marksteiner_at_joanneum.at)
Date: 06/06/05

    Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:14:52 +0200
    To: <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu>

    @Vladis
    Thank you for your Reply

    The entire Network is a Class B Network and the part of it which the
    switch is in is correctly sub netted with a /21 Net mask.

    As there seems to be no ARP-Request at all a packet-leak-attack seems to
    be unlikely.

    The two phenomenons together are what the situation makes that uncanny.

    Regards,
    Steve

    • RE: IP address conflicts
      ... If you get a network vendor like Network Hardware Resale ... >> It's amazing how money will appear out of thin air if certain oxen get ... the switch you are suggesting I cannibalise uses the EtherToken ... When dealing with a bureaucracy I have found the most effective method is ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: ConnectComputer Problem
      ... I'm a little confused by your network configuration. ... Switch2 --- SBS Server ... switch has internet access all the time, the second switch has the client ... NICs ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Help with long term network problem
      ... Using a CNET network switch connected to a CNet Wireless G router Model ... Having the chart listing all of the computers is a great start. ... /all" shows only an Intel 2200BG WiFi connection - no Ethernet is apparent. ...
    • Re: LAN ip subnet is moving off from a bigger enterprise
      ... The host company runs Cisco ... Connect your switch to this ... At the CBO the network is 10.23.1.x and the gateway ... WS1 WS3 SBS HP4000 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Ethernet network wiring ?s
      ... >> the planned network is designed correctly and for my own education on ... >> find I that I have a hub in my office that I used at some point in the ... > A switch is an active device. ... > the ports that have the ethernet address the message is intended ...
      (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)