Re: Disassembling botnets

From: Harlan Carvey (keydet89_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/06/05

    Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 07:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    > I really want to have those responsible brought
    > to justice, but based on my complaints to previous
    > ISPs of the largest attackers on the DDoS net, I'm
    > afraid all I'll get is a canned "We have informed
    > the customer" or similar response.

    For what it's worth, I can see part of the issue
    here...you want the perps brought to justice, but
    you're telling the ISP. If you want justice, why
    aren't you calling law enforcement?

    Harlan Carvey, CISSP
    "Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery"
    http://www.windows-ir.com
    http://windowsir.blogspot.com

    Test Your IDS

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
    CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.