Re: SSH probe attack afoot?

From: j lake (jlake_at_knoxcounty.midcoast.com)
Date: 02/08/05

    To: incidents@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 07:37:10 -0500

    On Sunday 06 February 2005 10:09 am, Bernie Cosell wrote:
    >  I was
    > wondering: is there some virus or the like floating around now that
    > leaves an ssh-hammering zombie in its wake?  Or is it just coincidental
    > that we have gotten three floods?
    I've been getting these for at least 6 months. back last Fall
    there was some input on the list about this topic which helped
    me a great deal... I think it is a fairly
    well-known bot with easy-to-modify source so it can scan for a variety of
    usernames like www-user, cyrus, and even frodo and bogomir (get a life!)
    ~jl

    • Re: SSH probe attack afoot?
      ... On Feb 6, 2005, at 7:09 AM, Bernie Cosell wrote: ... is there some virus or the like floating around now that ... > leaves an ssh-hammering zombie in its wake? ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Encription software info
      ... He'll be floating rather than innovative Abduljalil until his ... Don't capture a virus! ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: How to remove this
      ... > accessed site the following appears in the floating menu: ... use firefox ... Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html ... Virus Cleaning+Fixes: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Some one has stolen the world wide wibble
      ... I suppose one day some nasty ubggre will release some Mac virii. ... believe that there is one floating around the intertubes somewhere, ... Virus has no plural form. ... The English word 'virus' is not the Latin word 'virus' ...
      (uk.rec.sheds)
    • Windows 98
      ... Am I affected by the worm or virus that is floating ... what do I need to download? ...
      (microsoft.public.security)