Re: SSH probe attack afoot?

From: Joe Egloff (joe.egloff_at_franke.com)
Date: 02/08/05

    Date: 8 Feb 2005 04:45:49 -0000
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <1107809193.5021.17.camel@localhost.localdomain>

    >On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 10:09 -0500, Bernie Cosell wrote:
    >> We're now getting hammered with the third round of ssh >> probes in the last=

    Same here on various systems (including mine at home), however previously to the SSH brute force, we experienced also brute force password attacks on our FTP service.

    When I tracked some of the IP addresses, I found some universities in taiwan and other asian countries.

    - Joe

    • Re: The Enigma Cipher
      ... Dan Girard wrote: ... >>I'm with Joe. ... There's too much there for brute force. ... --Mike Amling ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: The Enigma Cipher
      ... >> I'm with Joe. ... There's too much there for brute force. ... >By the way, there's another M4 message, with a good crib, which I got ... Some of the messages from weather ships may be difficult to develop ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: The Enigma Cipher
      ... > I'm with Joe. ... There's too much there for brute force. ... By the way, there's another M4 message, with a good crib, which I got ... I posted it here, with his permission, on ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: The Enigma Cipher
      ... I'm with Joe. ... There's too much there for brute force. ... M4 ciphers that so far as I know have never been broken. ... them with no luck. ...
      (sci.crypt)