SSH probe attack afoot?

From: Bernie Cosell (bernie_at_fantasyfarm.com)
Date: 02/06/05

    To: incidents@securityfocus.com
    Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:09:42 -0500

    We're now getting hammered with the third round of ssh probes in the last
    four days [one from CA, one from Brazil and one from Virginia]. I was
    wondering: is there some virus or the like floating around now that
    leaves an ssh-hammering zombie in its wake? Or is it just coincidental
    that we have gotten three floods?

    [the probes are just dozens of random-seeming login attempts with a bunch
    of root-password-guesses interspersed]

      /Bernie\

    mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA

    • Re: SSH probe attack afoot?
      ... On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 10:09 -0500, Bernie Cosell wrote: ... > We're now getting hammered with the third round of ssh probes in the last ...
      (Incidents)
    • [Full-Disclosure] Re: SSH probe attack afoot?
      ... On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 10:09 -0500, Bernie Cosell wrote: ... > We're now getting hammered with the third round of ssh probes in the last ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: SSH probe attack afoot?
      ... >> We're now getting hammered with the third round of ssh probes in the last ... >> that we have gotten three floods? ... so I'll pay more attention to it if something ...
      (Incidents)