RE: IE Malware / Spyware Control Methods

From: sunzi (sunzi_at_mod-x.com)
Date: 01/07/05

    To: incidents@securityfocus.com
    Date: 07 Jan 2005 17:07:55 -0500

    I've stated doing the same thing (where I can't simply replace it with
    Firefox), but in my earlier experiences, the TeaTimer componant provides
    way too many questions to the end user with simple yes/no buttons, and I
    found that most just hit yes ... bad.

    The Immunization feature in silent mode is a must, but must also be
    "reimmunized" everytime an updated signature file is retreived :(

    Also, below the standard Immunization feature, there's also a Bad Page
    blocker which provides a 2nd layer of protection as Immunization work
    against ClassID's only.

    hth,
    sunzi