Re: UDP Port Sweep question

From: Tim (tim-forensics_at_sentinelchicken.org)
Date: 12/29/04

    Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:24:37 -0500
    To: Billy Dodson <billy@pmm-i.com>

    > Here is some more info regarding the port sweeps. The port the client
    > is being hit on seems to vary. The client is being hit on the same 8
    > port range from each IP port 33434-33460. All 3 sensors from the 3
    > different clients show the same destination port range. The sensors are
    > cisco IDS sensors and I am unsure as to how to get the actual packet
    > from the event.

    Looks like it might just bee traceroutes to me:
      http://linux-ip.net/html/tools-traceroute.html

    Do these companies have anyone monitoring their connectivity from the
    outside?

    tim

    • RE: UDP Port Sweep question
      ... The client is being hit on the same 8 ... > cisco IDS sensors and I am unsure as to how to get the actual packet ... That port range smells like traceroutes. ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: UDP Port Sweep question
      ... Here is some more info regarding the port sweeps. ... The client is being hit on the same 8 ... All 3 sensors from the 3 ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: thin client com ports
      ... I'm glad that you got at least one more client working! ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... the COM port settings? ... I am testing several thin clients. ...
    • Re: network installation manager
      ... there is a firewall between master and client machines, ... NIM Communication within a Firewall Environment ... master via nimclient calls to the nimesis daemon. ... reserved port range of 1023-513. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • help: using smtp.gmail.com as SMART_HOST
      ... with my Google gmail address. ... is pop.gmail.com, using port 995. ... Retrieving mail is not the problem since my Google searches ... client, I believe the term is) to send my mail to Google's ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)