Re: IIS web server hacked..any tips?

From: Sam Evans (wintrmte_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/15/04

    Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:34:09 -0700
    To: Francesco <francesco@blackcoil.com>

    Could the individual have used a privileged account which would have
    allowed them to drop the files in the location you found them in?
    Brute forcing accounts through FTP is fairly non evasive (if you have
    security event logging disabled / nothing moitoring it and no lockout
    restrictions).

    Out of curiosity, what is/was the owner set to on the files you found?
     That should be a good clue as to how they got there.

    -Sam