Re: Systems compromised with ShellBOT perl script - part 2

From: Kirby Angell (kangell_at_alertra.com)
Date: 09/09/04

    Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:19:02 -0500
    To: Incidents List <incidents@securityfocus.com>

    • Re: Systems compromised with ShellBOT perl script - part 2
      ... BTW as for doze4 ... | "Infection: Unix/RST.B". ... | Linux/Rst-B will attempt to infect all ELF executables in the current ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Best Practice in tackling a suspected virus/worm infection? (ms)
      ... the virus instance and left the legitimate ones alone. ... by the hacker after initial infection. ... >executables - do they get infected? ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: New Linux Trojan
      ... Subject: New Linux Trojan ... You guys are forgetting the other problem, Buffer Overflows, in SUID executables could in theory ... cause this to be a source of infection as well, ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Re:Virus
      ... You could pick a restore point which was already infected, ... files associated with the trojan won't be, nor would executables disguised ... no system restore would not be a ... > infection, then you may have to do a reformat of your hard ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: weird symptom - possible infection
      ... if you suspect an infection try looking at the output ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)