NDR +Hotmail & MSN

From: Hoover, James A (EIS, Corp) (James.Hoover_at_htsco.com)
Date: 08/06/04

    To: "'incidents@securityfocus.com'" <incidents@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:06:32 -0400

    I'm troubleshooting a problem which I believe is related to how Hotmail and
    MSN handle NDR responses. I cannot get the problem resolved through
    Hotmails normal channels of just shunting customers to a web page to see if
    they are blacklisted. Can anyone provide a contact at hotmail or MSNs NOC
    offline of this mailing list? I might just name my 2nd born after anyone
    who does (too late for the 1st born -but I can consider a name change if
    necessary:o). Additionally, if anyone knows how Hotmail/MSN/webtv respond
    to NDRs (that are in response to spam from those domains), I'm very
    interested.

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    Jim

    immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

    • Re: IE5 and Hotmail
      ... send emails through Hotmail. ... provide support for Entourage users, as a newer version is available. ... I'm very glad I discarded MSN as my internet service provider, ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.explorer)
    • Re: HOTMAIL BREACH WARNING !
      ... To help protect your privacy Hotmail ... > be able to read the latest news about MSN. ... > Hotmail's Junk Mail Filter helps block unsolicited e-mail ... > Sharing your favorite photos just got easier. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: XSS bug in hotmail login page
      ... MSN passport 's basic mentality itself about security is ... When MS transitioned from MS hotmail to MSN hotmail, ... >> cookies or, if he's logged in, write emails from his account, delete his ... > sure if you can still exploit this bug. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: MSN Premium mail - DAV retirement
      ... Kahuna was the code name for Hotmail's first non beta release ... That's a lot of work on installing MSN software...MSN Version 7was the last version that didn't require a subscription ... refer to the MSN web browser as an e-mail client, ... AJAX web app so there is no e-mail client, ...
      (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
    • Re: MSN virus
      ... My MSN contacts told me that they obtained a message from me to go to ... friend of mine who is a hotmail user also recently had a hotmail ... account compromised in what sounds like a similar fashion. ... I wasn't able to determine the root cause of her compromise. ...
      (Security-Basics)