Re: Anyone else seeing SSH scans?

From: John Hewitt (johnblade_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/03/04

    Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:53:03 +1000
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 19:33:18 +0200, Merlijn Tishauser > Isn't it Putty
    (the windows ssh client ) which uses the phrase bye bye
    > when disconnecting?
    >
    > www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

    I've checked with older and new versions of Putty on a box with
    verbose logging just then and I didn't see any 'bye bye' messages at
    all.

    Could be a really old version of putty, but I doubt it.

    • RE: Thanks all - windows ssh client - putty
      ... Thanks all - windows ssh client - putty ... as far as i can see it's NOT SOCKS complient. ... anonymous cvs server it's being worked on but i dont know the current ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Access with ssh sometimes sleeps - why?
      ... >> typing eventually my input catches up so there's some buffer somewhere ... > If your Windows ssh client isn't a recent version of putty then I ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • RE: windows ssh client
      ... Putty is a great SSH/telnet client that supports just about anything that ... Do a Google search for Putty and it should be the first ... Can any one recomend a downloadable windows ssh client can optional ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: windows ssh client
      ... > Can any one recomend a downloadable windows ssh client can optional ... > works from behind a SOCKS proxy ... PuTTy: ... You have to grab the development snapshot ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: windows ssh client
      ... secureCRT,although it is not free but it's the best so far.. ... Subject: windows ssh client ... Putty is a great SSH/telnet client that supports just about anything that ... Do a Google search for Putty and it should be the first ...
      (Security-Basics)