Re: Unknown Malware found csdiv.dll

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 06/29/04

    To: Harlan Carvey <keydet89@yahoo.com>
    Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:21:47 -0400

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:16:57 PDT, Harlan Carvey said:

    > > Malware http://www.demoserver.de/csdiv.dll_malware
    > >
    > > The file itself is not found by AdAware. But it
    > > seems after getting
    > > started it drops some well known other parts which
    > > are recognized and removed by AdAware.
    >
    > What are some of the "well known other parts", and how
    > do you know that they're "dropped" by this DLL?

    Just out of curiosity, have we ruled out the possibility that
    more than one piece of malware found its way in? Often, it's
    hard to tell if you're playing "5 blind men and an elephant", or
    "5 blind men and 5 different animals"...

    (If you find that hard to believe, consider the recent study that
    found an *average* of 7 or so *different* pieces of spyware on
    the boxes surveyed....)