Re: TCP port 5000 syn increasing

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 05/19/04

    To: Andreas <andreas@conectiva.com.br>
    Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:20:00 -0400

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 18:56:14 -0300, Andreas <andreas@conectiva.com.br> said:
    > On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 05:30:43PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    > > I'm waiting for the first worm that tunnels over HTTP port 80, as a number
    > > of protocols already do, to get around firewalls that only pass 25 and 80. ;)
    >
    > It would have to be "de-tunneled" on the inside to do something useful. Either
    > the network is already compromised, or it exploits something on that specific
    > service.

    Leverage existing code.

    Windows 2003 already knows how to tunnel RPC over https.

    And quite frankly, any sentence that has "Windows" and "RPC" in it is all too
    close to "already compromised"......

    • Re: PID 1212 slowly maxing out?
      ... Windows 2003 servers, but could it affect Windows XP as well? ... I'm on a home network running on wireless. ... Logical Disk Manager service ...
    • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
      ... Open Server Management. ... then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... >From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Cant print to my Windows 98 shared printer from my XP compute
      ... >>>I can't print from the printer attached to my Windows 98 machine using my XP ... >>>Add Printer wizard and has a pipe attached, indicating a network printer. ... >>>98 machine and I can successfully ping the 98 machine from my XP laptop. ... >>>driver name showed up as UNIDRV.DLL on my XP test page when it last worked. ...
    • Re: Slow file copy to network shares Windows 7
      ... The problem is that Windows 7 copys and pastes the test ... folder containing folders and files from a network share to a network share ... performed to demonstrate that copying the test folder from a network share to ... When copied from a network location and pasted back to a network location ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
    • Re: Slow file copy to network shares Windows 7
      ... The problem is that Windows 7 copys and pastes the ... folder containing folders and files from a network share to a network ... performed to demonstrate that copying the test folder from a network share ... When copied from a network location and pasted back to a network location ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)