Re: TCP port 5000 syn increasing

From: Andreas (andreas_at_conectiva.com.br)
Date: 05/18/04

    Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:56:14 -0300
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 05:30:43PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    > I'm waiting for the first worm that tunnels over HTTP port 80, as a number
    > of protocols already do, to get around firewalls that only pass 25 and 80. ;)

    It would have to be "de-tunneled" on the inside to do something useful. Either
    the network is already compromised, or it exploits something on that specific
    service.

    Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
    wireless security

    Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
    Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
    applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
    ownership.

    Download your free trial at
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_incidents_040517