Re: New piece of spyware?

From: Harlan Carvey (keydet89_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/13/04

    Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:08:52 -0700 (PDT)
    To: caldcv@students.fccj.org, incidents@securityfocus.com

    CC,

    I'm not clear on why you think this is spyware. You
    say that you "noticed on my mIRC IRC client that
    something is pasting out ads to the current window".
    If these ads are appearing in your mIRC window,
    wouldn't you then figure that it's a function of mIRC?
     Other chat clients (AIM, Yahoo!, etc.) have similar
    functionality.

    Given what you've stated, this doesn't sound like
    spyware at all.

    http://www.addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=2039

    http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=2035

    http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=2030