RE: Port 3889 Traffic

From: Rob Shein (shoten_at_starpower.net)
Date: 05/10/04

    To: "'Francisco J. Pecorella R.'" <francisco.pecorella@cantv.net>, <incidents@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:34:47 -0400

    Fport will only tell him what local apps are using a port. In his case,
    he's seeing traffic originating from the outside, which is being dropped by
    his firewall.

    • RE: SYN_SENT to port 8081
      ... I received many responses to my ... fport only seems to be available for NT based OS's. ... You could narrow it down to the application utilizing the outgoing port ... I have a Windows 98 Second Edition machine that's consistently ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Remote tool
      ... I know other tool that show port vs process "Essential Net Tool" ... Use fport is good solution but is not recommendable for server DMZ zone. ... Subject: Remote tool ... remotely use psexec from www.sysinternals.com. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: FPORT issues
      ... >That's what I thought fport was for. ... >>the network on port 6666. ... I see the events in the firewall log, ... >>it runs, but lists NOTHING. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: FPORT issues
      ... :: wander around the network on port 6666. ... I dl-ed fport from foundstone.com at the ... If I run FPORT on my computer it lists a ton ... AFAIK IRC is the only thing that uses port 6666. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Open Ports on windoze 95/98
      ... There is, for example, a port blocker from AnalogX, but little else. ... >> Click Intrusion Detection and Fport ... >> Freeware Oracle ... >Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! ...
      (Security-Basics)