Re: Massive increase in spam volume?

From: Vinod Kumar (vinu_at_hiwaay.net)
Date: 04/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:21:13 -0500
    To: Ken Budd <kbudd@702com.net>

    I have noticed a tremendous increase in spam, much of which is getting
    through our mail filters as well.
    Do not know if there is some sort of worm that is causing this.

    On Apr 25, 2004, at 9:47 PM, Ken Budd wrote:

    > I have seen the same thing all weekend. Our spam filter has caught
    > most of
    > the traffic though. It appears to me similar to a lot of worm
    > activity I've
    > seen in the recent months.
    >

    > On 4/24/04 1:54 PM, "Thamer Al-Harbash" <tmh@whitefang.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I work at a large ISP in Canada and just a few hours ago we've
    >> experienced a massive increase in spam volume. The volume is so
    >> high it's bordering on being a denial of service attack.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if there's a worm out in the wild currently
    >> doing this? I've confirmed with some of my collegues that other
    >> ISPs are also experiencing this.
    >>
    >> I'm interested in finding specific netblocks but the spam seems
    >> to be coming from everywhere.

    > ----
    > -----

    • Re: Massive increase in spam volume?
      ... | I work at a large ISP in Canada and just a few hours ago we've ... | experienced a massive increase in spam volume. ... | ISPs are also experiencing this. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Massive increase in spam volume?
      ... Thamer Al-Harbash wrote: ... > I work at a large ISP in Canada and just a few hours ago we've ... > experienced a massive increase in spam volume. ... > ISPs are also experiencing this. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Massive increase in spam volume?
      ... I work at a large ISP in Canada and just a few hours ago we've ... ISPs are also experiencing this. ... I'm interested in finding specific netblocks but the spam seems ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Windows XP starts slow.
      ... wish to persuade to your point of view. ... Many ISPs have introduced spam barriers. ... > including your email address in your Usenet posts was the thing to do. ... > mass mailing worms, will get email with the next worm attached. ...
    • Re: Massive increase in spam volume?
      ... > experienced a massive increase in spam volume. ... > Does anyone know if there's a worm out in the wild currently doing this? ... > experiencing this. ... of thing will pretty much render the idea of blackholing netblocks useless ...
      (Incidents)