Re: Strange set of TCP ports

mgotts_at_2roads.com
Date: 04/19/04

    To: Harlan Carvey <keydet89@yahoo.com>
    Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:09:48 -0700

    > Run openports.exe from DiamondCS on the suspect boxen.
    > If you don't have physical access, but do have admin
    > access, use psexec.exe from SysInternals, as well.

    psexec.exe from SysInternals is a remote program execution utility. I use
    it now and then, and am not aware of any capability to have it list ports
    in use and what programs are using them.

    SysInternals probably does have such a utility, but I'm not sure what it
    is off the top of my head.

    -- Mark

    > --- Raistlin <raistlin@gioco.net> wrote:
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > can someone help me in identifying the following
    > > strange subset of open
    > > TCP ports ?
    > > 3687/tcp open unknown
    > > 3688/tcp open unknown
    > > 3689/tcp open rendezvous
    > > 3690/tcp open unknown
    > > 3691/tcp open unknown
    > >
    > > Googling or looking at the usual known ports lists
    > > do not yield any
    > > results. I'd like to identify this beast if
    > > possible. Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Stefano

    > ForwardSourceID:NT000844F2

    • Re: Strange set of TCP ports
      ... :> If you don't have physical access, ... psexec.exe from SysInternals is a remote program execution utility. ... and am not aware of any capability to have it list ports ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Strange set of TCP ports
      ... >> If you don't have physical access, ... >> access, use psexec.exe from SysInternals, as well. ... > psexec.exe from SysInternals is a remote program execution utility. ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Strange set of TCP ports
      ... ] Subject: Re: Strange set of TCP ports ... ]> access, use psexec.exe from SysInternals, as well. ... ] psexec.exe from SysInternals is a remote program execution ... ] it list ports ...
      (Incidents)