Re: Incident Response Database

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 03/18/04

    To: Jason May <jaymay75@yahoo.com>
    Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:58:17 -0500

    On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:08:32 PST, Jason May <jaymay75@yahoo.com> said:
    > Does anyone have any suggestions on a good Incident
    > Response tracking database for tracking Incidents. We
    > were looking at the CIRDB from Purdue, but I just
    > wanted to know if there was anything else out there.

    We've never encountered any sort of tracking that we couldn't do
    well with Remedy. Two caveats:

    1) It's pricey.
    2) Remedy's strength is its customization. That's also it's weakness.
    We're lucky enough to have several people on staff who know Remedy's
    innards really well.

    We already use it for our main help desk and network problem ticket system for
    a rather large network, so incident response isn't a big reach. If you aren't
    already using it in your shop, installing it just for incident response would
    probably be overkill...

    • Re: Incident Response Database
      ... >> Response tracking database for tracking Incidents. ... so incident response isn't a big reach. ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Meet The Press, Sunday 9-4-05
      ... It is all spelled out in the National Response Plan, ... and all-hazards approach to domestic incident management. ... "Proactive Federal Response to Catastrophic Events" ...
      (rec.gambling.poker)
    • OT: Lies of the Bush Crime Family, part 22
      ... It is all spelled out in the National Response Plan, ... and all-hazards approach to domestic incident management. ... "Proactive Federal Response to Catastrophic Events" ...
      (rec.gambling.poker)
    • REVIEW: "Incident Response", Douglas Schweitzer
      ... %T "Incident Response: Computer Forensics Toolkit" ... The title talks about incident response. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: What defines an "incident"?
      ... "incident" and convening the CIRT. ... sample space) to which a probability is assigned. ... being a purposeful "attack" or act of violence. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
      (Security-Basics)