know your enemy (was: Re: Releasing patches is bad for security

From: Meritt James (meritt_james_at_bah.com)
Date: 03/01/04

    Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:32:55 -0500
    To: Brian Taylor <drak3@attbi.com>

    I would agree that knowing their motivastions and methods may help.
    Being able to do them yourself less so.

    --
    James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
    Booz | Allen | Hamilton

    • Re: Is there a "special" tool for moving dead brush 100 feet away?
      ... I believe in Sun Tzu's premise of defeating the enemy by knowing ... so I do agree that, in history, repeated attacks by small forces ...
      (alt.home.repair)
    • Re: Is there a "special" tool for moving dead brush 100 feet away?
      ... I believe in Sun Tzu's premise of defeating the enemy by knowing ... what they were up against - and then to formulate a detailed strategy ...
      (alt.home.repair)
    • Re: Battle of the River Plate
      ... :Why doesn't he 'engage the enemy more closely', ... :combat life his ship has, knowing how vital some sort of naval victory ... They were overarmed rather slow large light cruisers. ...
      (sci.military.naval)
    • Re: No Holds Barred: Whats up with Tom Friedman?
      ... if only to be able to assess the prospects of ever ... Knowing is fine, whitewashing (which I understand to be the alleged ... Fadlallah was not Nasr's enemy. ... Channel 1 and the tawdriness of the commercial Channels 2 and 10, ...
      (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
    • Re: OT - Is torture moral?
      ... do ethics even play a part in your fight to survive? ... Knowing the right way and the wrong way ... >You must remember that the devious enemy will first try to defeat ... Without conviction you are lost. ...
      (misc.survivalism)