Re: Nmap - 3.50 changes mstask.exe?

From: Nick FitzGerald (nick_at_virus-l.demon.co.uk)
Date: 02/28/04

    Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:02:33 +1300
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    <a55mnky@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Not sure if this is the best list for this, but I am in a bit of a jam.
    >
    > I just downloaded the new NMAP v. 3.50 and ran it on my internal network.
    > My IT manager is freaking out. He says my scan replaced mstask.exe on the
    > machines I scanned.

    Does the concept "test network" not mean anything to you?

    That you would run _any_ software untested in a production environment
    is greviously worrying...

    Regards,

    Nick FitzGerald

    • Network mapping
      ... Any suggestions on how to map the internal network from outside? ... tools like nmap, 0trace or others similar. ... Need to secure your web apps NOW? ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • netlogin error
      ... I have a windows 2008 DC also in the colo that I am looking to replace the ... The ip address of this server is 192.168.74.5 if I ... try adding the 2 DC's from the internal network to the dns manager program I ...
    • Re: NMAP Scan of My Companys Internal Network: 666, 880 IP addresses in 49 hours
      ... I'd be interested to learn how you managed the data from the nmap scan. ... > ranges and several class Cs in our internal network. ... > plan to perform this scan on a weekly basis. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: fast track p2p (kazaa network)
      ... that I went mcdonalds:) ... I think Marko meant to nmap your external IP address from an outside machine across the Internet, not the internal network. ...
      (Fedora)