New article announcement: Automating Windows Patch Management: Part I

From: Dan Hanson (dhanson_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 02/12/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:58:38 -0700 (MST)
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    While not totally applicable to a list focused on security incidents,
    many of security incidents can be limited by some type of patch
    management.

    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    Automating Windows Patch Management: Part I
    By Jonathan Hassell Feb 11, 2004

    This article, the first in a three-part series, discusses Microsoft's
    Software Update Services (SUS) in depth, including installation,
    administration, and maintenance.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1760

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php