New article announcement: Automating Windows Patch Management: Part I

From: Dan Hanson (dhanson_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 02/12/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:58:38 -0700 (MST)
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    While not totally applicable to a list focused on security incidents,
    many of security incidents can be limited by some type of patch
    management.

    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    Automating Windows Patch Management: Part I
    By Jonathan Hassell Feb 11, 2004

    This article, the first in a three-part series, discusses Microsoft's
    Software Update Services (SUS) in depth, including installation,
    administration, and maintenance.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1760

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php

    • RE: CISSP-ISSMP
      ... management say "that's nice", and move on. ... education, certification, experience, know-how, abilities, and ... Many 'security jobs' are nothing shy than that of an overly glorified ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: security not a big priority?
      ... But I have found that upper management will only ... and push out the changes; management has to have this information to ... Network Security Engineer ... Network team with Project Management tasks. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Down with DHCP!!!!
      ... Managing/monitoring the DHCP pools as assignments yourself ... -Other management tools as in Asset ... Security Administrator ... Network Operations-ICW Group ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Securing a Linux Firewall
      ... site, management wants to use IM/ICQ/etc, different businuss groups want ... protocols from the ground up to fix the issues of security. ... > a minimal install as Known Good is an act of hopeful optimism that I ... need a whole department broken into OS/hw groups to maintain proper builds ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [lists] Re: Rootkits
      ... Better yet, install SuSE Linux, VMWare GSX Server, various Windoze virtual ... If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: ... vulnerability management needs. ...
      (Pen-Test)