Novarg

From: sloppy seconds (beleguese_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/28/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:32:13 -0800 (PST)
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    To all,

    Yes as many of you have noticed Novarg is spreading
    fast. I work for a large international corporation and
    we have seen extensive infiltration. However, this
    worm has not proved to be as "damaging" as some may
    claim. The scary part is that our investment in AV
    solutions (Trend, Symantec, et al...) has not
    protected us. We are now reconsidering our stance on
    allowing .ZIP files in Email.

    We engineered our own cleaning utility hours before
    our AV vendors even had signatures. Infecting lab
    clients and using diff tools...etc

    From a network perspective we are watching for the
    supposed DOS against SCO.

    We have had the outbreak under control just a few
    hours after it's inception.

    Anyone care to contribute their experience?

    Thanks,
    Beleguese

    http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/