RE: SQL Slammer doing the rounds again?

From: Harlan Carvey (keydet89_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/13/03

    Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:29:46 -0800 (PST)
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    While I fully agree w/ Jim's advice, one thing I'm
    still curious about...since we first saw Slammer...is
    this - Is there a valid business reason to expose UDP
    1434 to the Internet?

    I've asked this before and not received any responses.

    If anyone has one, I'd love to hear it. Please
    refrain from the "maybes"...I'd like to hear valid
    reasons why this port is exposed.

    Thanks,

    Harlan

    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/RSA_incidents_031023