RE: Bogus DNS traffic

From: David Gillett (
Date: 10/22/03

    To: <>
    Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:02:26 -0700

      The malformation looks like a match. Since I'd only seen one
    random packet from each of a bunch of random source addresses,
    I was assuming the source was probably spoofed; this sounds like
    it might not be.
      (The MAC address that I reported as an internal server turns
    out to be the nearest internal ROUTER. So I don't know if the
    origin is internal to our network after all.)

    David Gillett

    FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

    Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
    Learn how Solsoft can help you:
    - Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
    - Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
    - Quickly respond to network events from a central console

    Download our FREE whitepaper at: