Results of the vote query

From: Alfred Huger (ah_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 09/13/03

    Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:09:58 -0600 (MDT)
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    Myself and David Ahmad (depending on the list you are on) recently sent
    out mail querying all of you about instituting community voting on issues
    for both the SecurityFocus website and its mailing lists. The feedback was
    overwhelmingly in favor of doing so with several common caveats:

    1. Do not hold votes too frequently.
    2. Make it secure.
    3. Make it easy.

    With these things in mind we will be starting to design a voting system
    for the mailing lists and site in the near future. We hope to be able to
    roll out our first round of voting slightly before or after the new year.
    The topics will be polled from the community and the staff here. We
    will work the details of the process out with a group of advisors selected
    from the community to make sure it starts as a community effort from the
    ground up.

    As a closing note this process is being initiated to better serve the
    community here which we have all built. It is nothing more or less than
    this. I think ultimately more community involvement in the decision making
    processes will benefit us all. We will post more once we are closer
    to a working model.

    Cheers,
    -al

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
    October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
    technical IT security event. Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
    Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
    Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com

    • Re: [SLE] Interesting review of SuSE 9.3
      ... > community where this is possible, then I think we suffer as a community. ... > software that haven't been tested into YOU is not the SuSE way. ... > as surly as I've seen any *nix support network. ... people join and don't like or want to abide to this lists way of life. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Why arent you upgrading? - NICK, PLEASE READ
      ... If you want to show off Delphi - choose things that are truly ... -Things like action lists. ... -The community - actually hack that. ... Members of TeamB (I'm not classifying all - ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Results of the vote query
      ... for both the SecurityFocus website and its mailing lists. ... With these things in mind we will be starting to design a voting system ... The topics will be polled from the community and the staff here. ... technology powered by the award-winning FoundScan engine. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Transparency, Community? (was Re: List-Id Changed why? )
      ... What the Ubuntu Community Council ... has to say about the lists is not relevant - they are an advisory ... it was at least a year for me before I even heard of sounder. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: ot: athiests can get added to do not pray list
      ... where people who pray begin to think that they're better than anybody ... In a small community, ... you think that prayer lists are a big part of that? ...
      (talk.origins)