Re: New DDOS?

From: Sergey Latkin (slatkin_at_phg.com)
Date: 09/03/03

    To: Tobias Rice <rice@up.edu>
    Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:24:49 -0400

    On Tuesday September 2 2003 19:05, Tobias Rice wrote:
    > Greetings all,
    > About 2:00 Pacific we had several machines on our university's resnet
    > participate in what looks like a ddos.
    > Using spoofed ip addresses they begun a syn-flood on 203.15.51.44, a
    > university in Au.

    IP 203.15.51.44 is (was :( ) a mirror of spews.org, well-known anti-spam
    website, which is under ddos attacks for weeks now. There were few known
    mirrors, accessible only through IP addresses. DNS service for spews.org died
    in the end of July, IMHO.

    --
    Sergey Latkin
    Pinnacle Health Group

    • RE: Windows XP Pro cracker?
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event ... Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Windows XP Pro cracker?
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event ... Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Windows XP Pro cracker?
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event ... Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: A Canada based wardialer/hacker: +16045507000
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30, ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in ... Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Security on E-Commerce Websites